- I thought I would be missing all the 30 Plus Teams Tours that I would be making since the Virus from hell came on the scene .
- I couldn’t understand why y’all were so interested in what was in my suitcase.
- In other words, I really thought that I would really miss plane travel for another 30 Plus Teams Tour of anywhere .
- Believe it or not, I’m really enjoying visiting places by public transportation .
- I took another trip on the local Queens bus to Elmont, Long Island .
- I was going to see Belmont Racetrack ,home of the third leg of horse racing’s ‘triple crown’.
- But no, I don’t bet on horses .
- I just like looking at them.
- (Besides the Belmont Stakes, there’s also the Preakness Stakes, held in Baltimore and of course, something that’s on my bucket list , the Kentucky Derby, held in Louisville , Kentucky .)
- The Sports Diva had another reason for visiting Elmont and Belmont Park .
- Right next door , under construction , is Belmont Arena .
- It’s going to be the new home of the New York Islanders hockey club.
- You just know , the Sports Diva had to see this.
- As it was a very nice day, I really enjoyed my day and am looking forward to the next place to visit.
- I said it before and I’ll say it again.
- I can get used to not flying anywhere but taking public transportation .
I didn’t have to take Nassau County public transportation for this 30 Plus Teams Tour .
I let my feet do some of the walking.
I did take a bus but just for 20 blocks and walked the rest of the way, all 5 blocks.
I could have walked the whole way, but I was saving my walking for the park.
Springfield Park on Springfield Boulevard is located at the end of the city of Springfield Gardens and the beginning of the city of Rosedale .
After you leave Rosedale , you’re out of New York City and on Long Island .
Surprisingly , I was in this same park four years ago to the day.
I didn’t remember this but leave it to Facebook Memories to remind me.
It was a beautiful day, but as we are a week or so away from most of us not having any power thanks to the hurricane, trees were down all over the park.
Queens is the borough of New York City that has the most trees, and they are NO MATCH for a storm with 75 plus mph winds let alone rain.
It was hot but a really beautiful day and I’m forgetting that I’m not really traveling like I used to.
Sort of .
If I have to run any kind of errands , they’re usually done in the cities of Springfield Gardens /Locust Manor, where I live or either in the cities of Lynbrook or Valley Stream on Long Island .
I decided to do some errands in another city on Long Island , the incorporated city of Freeport .
I’ve been to Freeport before, sort of .
Transferring to another Nassau County bus at Freeport Transit Center doesn’t count, though.
Neither does waiting at the Freeport Long Island Railroad Station .
Like everywhere else, social distancing is the norm in Freeport .
This means, have those masks, and stand six feet away no matter if you’re in the line for groceries , medicine or money at the bank.
I’m sorry that I didn’t spend a little more time here in Freeport , but I will.
It was such a nice day, but a hurricane which ended up knocking out my power for almost 4 days, was on the way .
Tell me what else can happen in New York City in 2020?
No, it’s not a title for a movie.
The Sports Diva has reached a milestone and wasn’t really aware of it.
Even though 30 Plus Teams , 30 Plus Dreams is about what to do in a city after you’ve been to that baseball , hockey , football , or basketball game, there hadn’t been any 30 Plus Teams Tour of anywhere to go to , thanks to you know what .
Instead, it has been lots of public transportation rides somewhere in New York City .
One thing hasn’t changed though.
Many of you are still interested in my little old story, and a lot of you have joined along the way.
Many of you have been with me through my travel quotes, my visits to some sporting event, and you still want to know what’s in my suitcase .
400 plus people want to know this and for that, I am very grateful and extremely blessed that you find my posts entertaining .
Even though there is no airline travel or travel to sporting events, (no fans but there are sports, people ), I’m going to keep on giving you the best posts that I can.
I hope that you’ll continue going on this blogging journey with me .
Thank you for liking my little story.
God bless you , the Sports Diva